Community Solutions Program 2021/2022 in the United States for internationals:
Applicants are invited to apply for the Community Solutions Program 2021/2022 in the United States. This is a professional development program for community activists/candidates working to improve their communities by addressing issues affecting energy and the environment, peace and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender.
- Four-month Fellowship: Successful candidates will be matched to host organizations in the United States to complete a four-month, hands-on professional experience.
- Community Leadership Training: Successful candidates will participate in a leadership training program designed to strengthen their leadership and management skills. This comprises face-to-face training, online courses, professional coaching, and networking.
- Community-based initiatives: Successful fellows will design and plan, with the help of their host organizations a community development project to carry out when they return to their home country.
- J-1 visa fee will be provided.
- Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the United States.
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses in the United States.
- Accident and sickness insurance.
- Must be between the ages of 25 and 38 by January 1, 2021.
- Must be a citizen of one of the eligible countries.
- Must be living and working in your home country:
- Individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community may be given special consideration.
- Must have at least two years of working experience in community development – full-time/part-time employee/volunteer.
- Must not be participating in an academic, training, or research program in the United States.
- Must have a high level of English proficiency – spoken and written:
- Semifinalists will be required to submit recent scores of a TOEFL or IELTS English language test.
- Must be available to travel to the United States for four months from August to December 2021.
- Must not be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or not have applied for United States permanent residency within the past three years.
- Must be eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa:
- Applicants who have participated in an exchange program sponsored by the United States Government must have fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement.
- Must be committed to returning to your home country after completing the program.
- Must not be a current IREX employee or consultant, or their immediate family member.
Click Here and scroll for more information and country eligibility.
Application closes at 11:59 PM EDT on Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
Interested candidates should kindly visit the official link below to apply: