DAAD scholarships are exclusively for those who aspire to study in Germany. The scholarships cover the tuition and living costs at a German university or college. In addition, the scholarships provide participants with considerable financial support for their studies. The scholarships are funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education, Research and Culture, by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) – European Co-financing Mechanism, and by contributions from individual organizations representing associations of higher education institutions in Germany.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
At present, postgraduate courses for the academic year 2022/2023 are offered in the following fields:
- Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Media Studies
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family.
- Candidates fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years of professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021