Students who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree at the University of Essex (UES) can currently apply through either the Regular Decision or the Revised Application. The scholarship scheme provides support for Hong Kong students who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree at the UK institution. Undergraduate scholarships are available to UEs students regardless of their financial circumstances, allowing them to apply for high-quality supports that help them meet their educational costs.
The Hong Kong Academic Excellence Scholarship Programme (HastaESP) is an EU funding initiative that helps talented persons from Hong Kong assist their home countries with education. This will be in the form of tuition fees reimbursement for the expenses related to attending an approved program of study at a participating university or college. The program is open to high-achieving students from Hong Kong debuting at an accredited international academic institution as well as ordinary Hong Kong citizens who have demonstrated financial need based on their family circumstances.
- Eligible Countries: Hong Kong
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate level courses and subjects taught at Essex are eligible to apply for.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Documents related to previous studies and work experience
- Official transcripts in English or certified translation of academic results showing marks or grades
- A copy of CV for particular courses
- Recent references, signed and dated by referee or an email from referee
- Personal statement
- The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 76 – 88 overall
- IELTS – 0 – 6.0 overall
- PTE – 50 – 58 overall
- Trinity ISE – Pass overall
- Cambridge English Qualification – 169 – 176 overall
- KITE – 426 – 475
How to Apply
The applicants are supposed to apply online complete the application process to the undergraduate programme of their choice.