The Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship is designed to reward outstanding students who have demonstrated exceptional financial responsibility and promise in further studies. The scholarship programme provides maximum support to applicants who are: Currently enrolled (or about to start) on a course of study at an accredited Australian or New Zealand university or Enrolled in a full-time degree course at an accredited Australian or New Zealand university or
Engaging in further studies at an Australian or New Zealand private or public university.
To be eligible you must be an international student who is pursuing an undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification at a New Zealand university or recognised training institution. The scholarship covers essential living costs such as tuition, textbooks, mobile phone costs and travel between major cities but does not cover living costs for study sites or study breaks. The scholarship is open to full-time study at any New Zealand university or part-time study if the university allows it.
To be eligible for consideration for the award of the Scholarship, applicants must demonstrate:
- Academic achievement, as defined under section 4 below, and
- Significant achievement to date and potential to further excel in either
- A sporting code, or
- A performing or creative art, and
- Leadership qualities.
- Consideration of applications will also be subject to an assessment of:
- The alignment of the sport or performing or creative art concerned2 to the University’s Vision and to the Sir Edmund Hillary programme’s Purpose, and
- The University’s capability, in conjunction with relevant local agencies, to provide access to facilities and developmental support appropriate to the sport or performing or creative art.
- When selecting recipients, the Panel may take into account the applicant’s willingness and ability to fully participate in, and contribute to, the Sir Edmund Hillary programme.
How to Apply
If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate or postgraduate degree coursework at the University of Waikato. After being registered, candidates will be automatically considered for this bursary