DAAD International Postgraduate Scholarship 2022 for International Students:
Applications are opened for international students to study in Germany under the DAAD scholarship. The scholarship is available to students who want to pursue Masters or Doctorate Degrees. There are a large number of courses available this year for international students. Applicants who want to study English taught programs need to have and official IELTS results to apply. For all German Taught language courses, you need to have a German language course to apply.
- For the students of the Graduation program, the monthly allowance provided by the scholarship authority is 850 euros
- For Doctoral programs monthly allowance is 1200 euros.
- Traveling allowances are available for scholarship holders
- Health Insurance, Accidental insurance, and personal liability insurance are available.
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- In some Conditions following benefits can be provided to scholarship holders
- A monthly rental Allowance
- For accompanying family with a monthly allowance for their expenses.
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
o English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
o German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Depending on your chosen study programme; please check the scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD International Postgraduate Scholarship
Step 1: You send your complete application(s) directly to the according to a postgraduate course.
Step 2: A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
Step 3: The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal.
Step 4: The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.