LEAP Africa SCALE Positive Youth Development Program 2021 for Nigerian CSOs
LEAP Africa in partnership with Palladium under the USAID-funded Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) Project is recruiting 50 organizations from Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Borno, Edo, and Lagos countering trafficking in persons to participate in a Positive Youth Development (PYD) Program starting in September 2021.
The PYD is a 9-month blended program that will equip representatives of CSOs countering trafficking in persons with the required skills and tools to support the design and delivery of transformative interventions that will promote the agency of young people who have been victims of or are at risk of trafficking.
Eligible organizations should:
- Work directly with victims or survivors of human trafficking, especially the predominately at-risk populations, including youth 35 years and below and women, or advocate on behalf of these victims or survivors.
- Be registered under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Have offices and operations in any of the following states: Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Borno, Edo, or Lagos
- Have been involved in operating their ventures/enterprises beyond 12 months before the time of this application.
- Be focused on the Prevention or Protection pillars of the Countering Trafficking in Persons framework and/or involved in advocacy for Countering Trafficking in Persons
- Have identified gaps in capacity to design holistic and effective youth development and trafficking prevention interventions.
- Be available to fully participate in all activities in the 9-month long programme, including cascading newly acquired knowledge to other members of their team, evaluating different initiatives in their organizations, identifying opportunities to mainstream PYD in their work, and championing the ethos of PYD in their programming.
Selected organizations will be required to nominate an organizational representative who will participate in a 3-day residential regional workshop, 6-month instructor-led training sessions, and a virtual community of practice with other CSO participants.
|Application closes on the 9th of September 2021 |
For further enquiries, please send an email to [email protected].