PhD Fellowship Scholarships for International Students in Switzerland 2022
The Biozentrum University of Basel is inviting applicants for the international Ph.D. fellowship program in Switzerland. The fellowships are tenable in Molecular Life Sciences. The research areas include Cancer Biology, Developmental Biology, Neurobiology, and Plant Cell Biology. The fellowship includes a competitive monthly stipend, health insurance coverage, and allowances for conference participation.
The Biozentrum University of Basel is an institution dedicated solely to molecular life sciences and biomedicine. Various departments and research groups across the entire scientific spectrum participate in the educational activities of the faculty. Research laboratories are state-of-the-art equipped with sophisticated equipment for molecular, cell, developmental, structural, and systems biology research.
The University of Basel is one of Europe’s leading academic institutions and is well established in all major disciplines including Medicine, Humanities, Law, Science, and Engineering. It has about 18000 students, 3000 staff members and offers a wide range of master programs to doctoral positions including several English-speaking programs. The city of Basel – the third-largest city in Switzerland – located on the northern shore of Lake Biel – has a population of over 160’000 people and is an internationally acknowledged life science hub with a vibrant cultural scene.
The “Fellowships for Excellence” cover the salary of the fellows for three years (including rotations).
- A personal, annual stipend
- Preferential registration for some courses in the Biozentrum Graduate Teaching program.
- Yearly study trip to a city with ties to Siemens
- Scientific meetings and networking opportunities with current “Fellowships for Excellence” students and alumni.
- Personal certificate of acceptance into the “Fellowships for Excellence” program.
- Support for the preparation of the personal CV and postdoctoral application by Biozentrum faculty members in the “Fellowships for Excellence” committee.
- Financial support for travel to postdoctoral interviews at the end of the PhD thesis.
- Applicants must hold or expect soon a university degree that qualifies you for a PhD program at the University of Basel (MSc and equivalent).
- International students can apply for these fellowships.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- An electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts
- A CV or scientific resume
- names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members) The referees will be contacted automatically and will be asked for an online evaluation as well as a reference letter.
How to Apply: