The University of Skövde is offering UHR Scholarships for international students, who want to pursue their master’s degree in Sweden. Scholarships are awarded based on merit and will be granted to students upon admission. The aim of this scholarship is to attract high-quality students from other countries and support them with their studies at the university. The University of Skövde is a mid-sized research university that offers a wide range of programs in English.
The scholarships are awarded to students who have a good academic record and can contribute to the internationalization of the University. The scholarships are open for international students from outside the Nordic countries.
The University of Skövde is a modern, dynamic, research-intensive and innovative university that places great emphasis on its internationalization. By supporting an increasing number of international students, we want to increase our knowledge of different cultures and working environments as well as promote interdisciplinary studies and international networks. We aim to attract talented and motivated students who will enrich the environment at The University of Skövde with their experiences and cultural perspectives.
The scholarships are partial tuition fee waivers (50% of the tuition fee). The amount will be automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice. The scholarships are granted for one academic semester.
- Citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- Generally, students can only be awarded a UHR scholarship if a master’s program at the University of Skövde is chosen as the first priority.
- Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Skövde.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the program you applied to and the application fee and supporting documents must have been received before the deadline to University Admissions.
- You should fill out a motivation letter when submitting the UHR scholarship online application. Scholarship applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.
- The master’s program must be delivered on campus.
- The criteria for awarding a UHR scholarship are good academic merits and the motivation letter. Criteria can also be other qualifications that are judged to be in line with educational or research areas as well as the geographic location which the University of Skövde gives priority to in accordance with its internationalization strategy.
- Attention: If you are already admitted or enrolled as a master’s student at the University of Skövde, you are not currently eligible to apply for UHR Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a master’s program.
How to Apply
First you must apply for one of the University of Skövde’s master’s programs at the Swedish official online application service University Admissions. Then apply for a scholarship at the University of Skövde by filling in the online scholarship application form available on the link below. Please note that you will need to provide us with the application number you received from the University Admissions website.