The Boston University’s First-Year Merit Scholarships are open to international students who are planning to enroll in an undergraduate degree program at Boston University. The scholarship is offered for the study period of the academic year 2022/2023.
This scholarship is available for students from anywhere in the world. However, you must be eligible to obtain a student visa and meet all of the other requirements of the university. The university has a very low acceptance rate, so applying is the best way to ensure your admission into this highly reputed institute.
Boston University is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts. The university has consistently appeared among the top 20 of the prestigious US News and World Report and currently ranks 40th in the world.
The BU sponsors merit scholarships for selected international students every year with various criteria like high academic performance, leadership, and involvement in extracurricular activities.
These scholarships are awarded by the International Student Office at Boston University and sponsored by various departments and organizations within the university. The First-Year Merit Scholarships for international students at Boston University provide full tuition assistance for all foreign applicants who are accepted into the university.
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens are considered for all merit awards and other scholarships.
- Rank in the top 5% of their high school class
- Have shown incredible extracurricular achievements in their schools and communities
Boston University will provide full tuition fees to recognize high-achieving students who go above and beyond.
Aspirants must have to submit the following:
- Secondary School Records
- English Proficiency Testing Results
- Documentation of Financial Support
- Copy of Data Page of Passport